The primary role for this Associate level position is to provide day-to-day support of Dentsu Aegis Network’s proprietary (CCS) channel planning/budget optimization system and other planning/buying tools as it relates to CCS. This candidate will be responsible for training, handling questions/requests, and evolving this proprietary product.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Ownership and expertise of Proprietary/Syndicated Planning & Buying Tools:
- CCS/M1 Planner, CCS/Nielsen Fusion, CCS Fusion Xpert, and other planning/buying products
- Work with Associate Director to provide training and guidance to all DAN offices in the US
- Key liaison with global UK office to discuss technical aspects of Planner tool and provide US feedback/improvements
- Responsible for providing support to continue to evolve proprietary product (e.g. incorporating other data sources).
- Active involvement in the CCS Fusion relationship with Nielsen where constant feedback that leads to improvements in final product is necessary. Solid understanding of CCS Fusion technique will be expected, as to assist planners and different teams/offices
- Ongoing software support (technical, training, troubleshooting, installation) to all planning teams from all the US offices
- Development and maintenance of training material, presentations, one-sheeters, case studies, client requests, etc.
- Assistance in software installation/activation when required
- Software troubleshooting, testing, report of bugs/glitches to software developers
- Active participation in the development and evolution of tools and methodologies applicable to our business
- Assist clients and any DAN new business teams with runs, insights and analytics coming from these and other sources
- X*Pert TV R&F Optimizer, Telmar suite, comScore suite, etc.
- Coordinate training and overall software assistance with software providers (when applicable/required)
- Help in coordinating demo presentations and meetings with different software providers
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
- Proactively take on projects and resolve issues, knowing when and whom to ask for guidance
- Capable of managing multiple deliverables and able to seamlessly transition among them
- Work as a team player and promote collaboration to complete projects, but also be able to take ownership of tasks and work autonomously
- Be an engaged member of the media industry and proactively solicit and contribute innovative ideas
- Express oneself clearly and concisely in all oral and written communications
- Organize ideas and information logically and sequentially, telling a story with the information
- Assist in the development of presentation materials that are clear, compelling and persuasive
- Share data analysis in a visual, compelling and creative way
- Adapt communication style and content to relevant audience by considering audience’s concerns and perspectives
- Capable of seeing the larger story within the data and clearly communicating a high-level analysis backed up by specific data points
- Confident when training others, being able to take a complex idea and relaying it in simple language
- Ability to present in front of large groups is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree+, ideally with emphasis in Math/Stats and Marketing
- Strong mathematical and analytical skill set and interest level
- 2+ years’ experience in media planning, media research, or analytics
- Experience with syndicated media planning tools (e.g. Telmar, Xpert, Lake Five, etc) and understanding of media planning reach/frequency calculations
- Working knowledge of Market Mix Modeling (MMM)
- Knowledge of data integrations/advanced analytics techniques (fusion, modeling, etc)
- Thrives in a fast pace, constantly changing environment; ability to adapt plans due to changes in client objectives, priorities or budgets while minimizing impact on project momentum
- Balanced ability to perform analytically and creatively. An ideal candidate will be able to think creatively around a research question to provide the best data and analysis.
- Knowledge of SPSS, SQL, XL-Stat and Machine Learning classifiers, a plus
- Experience with online research tools such as Nielsen, comScore, etc.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) are necessary. Advanced Excel skills (creating macros, pivot tables, Look-Up tables, etc.) are very important