OVERALL SUMMARY - POSITION DESCRIPTION
This Associate Director role will be responsible for helping to build the best-in-class M1 Panel (CCS) DAN product and developing various product innovations around it. This person will manage the day-to-day responsibilities of DAN’s proprietary research, M1 Panel, which focuses on understanding people, their motivations, attitudes, lifestyles and their engagement with media. It is DAN’s strategic product used to identify and/or develop insight/strategies around a client’s most valuable audience(s) and to drive planning and activation processes.
Equally important, this candidate must have experience with various forms of data integration techniques and have the ability to test and develop data solutions linking the best of “big data” with panel data. She/he must bring expertise and a point of view on how to best leverage large data sets and have hands-on experience customizing, structuring, and analyzing large volumes of raw data and connecting to panel data. This role entails being responsible for developing processes and work flow around these evolving products.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
M1 Panel (CCS) Management:
- Serve as key US contact for DAN’s global proprietary M1Panel (CCS), ensuring consistency with the global markets while advocating for US-specific needs, and to help manage the integration of CCS with planning and activation tools
- Create best processes to leverage large data sources to create reports, pull out insights, etc.
- Must be able to understand the opportunities and limitations around the data (both panel and “big data”) to identify the best solution using various types of data sets
- Evolve survey measurements to garner insight on latest consumer and digital trends as well as refresh questions on consumer motivations and attitudes.
- She/he must have knowledge of more traditional market research responsibilities – how to establish quotas/weights, program questionnaires, conduct quality assessment, and analyze results
- Manage relationship with vendors (eg. Nielsen, Telmar), serving as a key contact on M1 Panel (CCS) related initiatives
- Identify, gather, integrate, and analyze relevant data; able to present complex contently simply to senior clients or internal stakeholders
- Ensure the timely and accurate distribution of data to appropriate vendors and DAN teams
- Cleary and effectively communicate M1 Panel (CCS) value proposition to client service teams/insight leads to help sell CCS recontacts to clients. Provide full support throughout recontact process and timelines
- Manage the annual ideation sessions to evolve CCS with key stakeholders
- Facilitate the M1Panel annual launch and on-going training process, serving as a champion for the products and an expert on the tools. Share best practices, develop how-to guides as needed for internal teams.
- Provide expertise in terms of complex audience codings, segmentation techniques, etc
- Express oneself clearly, concisely and confidently in all oral and written communications
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to adjust for executive, technical and non-technical audiences (be able to take complex ideas/solutions and simplify)
- Organize ideas and information logically and sequentially, telling a succinct story from the data
- Assist in the development of presentation materials that are clear, compelling and persuasive
- Capable of seeing the larger story within the data and clearly communicating a high-level analysis backed up by specific data points
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
- Supervise and assist in the development of Assistant Analyst and Associate.
- Train DAN employees on research sources, systems and targeting techniques
- Be approachable and solution-oriented when presented with problems/issues
- Manage multiple team deliverables, seamlessly transitioning among them and maintaining overall quality control
- Be an engaged member of the media industry and proactively solicit and contribute innovative ideas
- Participate in the development of new/improved proprietary solutions, specifically in big data integrations, allowing agency teams to create more strategic and insight-based communication plans and activations
- Must have an innate curiosity to stay ahead of technology and a passion to understand consumer motivations/trends
- Bachelors Degree+
- Strong SPSS / SQL skills
- Familiarity working with “big data” (e.g. publishers, data vendors, DMPs, DSPs)
- Strong foundation on data integration techniques (modeling, fusion, ascription, machine learning, etc) and advanced analytic techniques (factor/cluster segmentations, CHAID, correspondence mapping, etc)
- Strong understanding of market research, consumer research/insights, media planning
- Must be strategic, analytical, detail /results oriented with excellent problem-solving skills. Focus is to identify solutions – think creatively around a problem, test the approach and deliver processes/best practices
- Must have ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information in a succinct way with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven organizational skills to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously and thrives in a fast-paced environment to meet urgent deadlines
- Experience with cross-tab programs, such as Telmar and IMS, or consumer surveys (MRI, Simmons, Scarborough, etc.)