The Associate, Analytics works in concert with the Supervisor and Associate Director, Analytics in developing and honing the agile business intelligence practice within the agency. This position resides within a highly collaborative and dynamic group responsible for all aspects of product development, data collection and analysis operations spanning several accounts across one region. As part of the Data Analytics group, the Associate, Analytics helps to measure the performance of online campaigns, illustrates clients’ return on investment, and provides insights into improving performance. He/she will also play an instrumental role in product development and utilize various measurement tools to provide timely in-depth reporting, analysis and optimizing solutions. The Associate, Analytics is expected to be an active participant on the business, consistently engaged and contributing ideas and insights that will benefit our clients.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Participate in the development of business intelligence applications and reporting dashboards.
• Support team in the review and evaluation of complex business systems and assessing user needs.
• Play active role to integrate business analysis and business intelligence practices and techniques using an agile development framework (i.e. scrum).
• Meet with product owners and key stakeholders to assist in the development of requirements (i.e. user stories).
• Participate in product backlog grooming activities – i.e. decomposing and refining epic user stories into smaller sprint ready user stories that are clear, feasible and testable. • Work with the development team to define and estimate the user stories.
• Work as part of the development team to deliver potentially shippable increments of capability in short, regular iterations.
• Apply knowledge and experience of agile practices and techniques in support of cross-team initiatives for teams outside of technology.
• Support ‘Just-in-time’ requirements.
• Participate in agile planning and estimation workshops. • Utilize agile management tools (i.e. task board, burn down chart, etc…).
• Act as an advocate for agile within the team and ensure adherence to framework.
Data Analysis and Execution:
• Partners with the digital planning team to create an appropriate measurement strategy for each campaign.
• Create and present KPI reporting and for specific clients.
• Utilize proprietary tools and third party ad serving technologies to report and analyze clients’ post analysis data.
• Observe, evaluate trends of digital campaigns and provides recommendations for optimizing.
Manage the daily responsibilities of data entry, creative trafficking and analyzing data for multiple accounts.
• Ensure that quality and timeliness of measurement deliverables meet client expectations.
• Manage vendors on a project basis to implement measurement solutions.
• Develop, test, and evaluate new tools in one area of functional expertise.
• Aid in the creation of client media objectives and strategies.
• Write strategic and well thought out POVs.
• Work with Assistant Planner and/or Assistant Analyst to analyze tracking results.
Client & Internal Relationships:
• Keeps up with the latest trends in media.
• May be responsible for informing team/client of new opportunities or issues.
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
• Proactively resolve issues, know when to and to whom to escalate.
• May be responsible for constructing and delivering accurate, honest and timely performance management documents.
• Capable of managing multiple deliverables and ability to seamlessly transition among them.
• Expresses oneself clearly and concisely in oral communications.
• Writes in a clear, compelling and concise manner.
• Organize ideas and information logically and sequentially.
• Assists in the development of presentations, overviews, and tactical POVs.
• Ensure key information is provided t
Bachelor’s Degree – ideally offer a concentration in advertising/marketing or statistics/mathematics.
• 2-4 yrs experience as an Analyst.
• Very proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint (MS Access, SQL Server a plus).
• Experience with web analytics tools is a plus.
• Experience with digital campaign analysis (display, mobile, social media, search and/or email).
• Statistics background highly desired.
• Able to work well in a highly collaborative and team environment.
• Ability to pull actionable insights from the campaign data and clearly communicate them to the team or client.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Ability to contribute to improvements in processes in an effort to increase efficiencies.